Director of New Business & Accounts
Skidmore Studio is in search of a Director of New Business & Accounts to help us build and execute systems for bringing new clients into our growing creative shop, as well as growing our existing client relationships. This individual will join our senior leadership team (including our President, Executive Creative Director, and Operations Director) in driving the studio towards an extraordinary future. Our goal is to establish relationships with emerging food and fun brands in the US and convince them Skidmore Studio is the ideal strategic partner for their branding and marketing needs.
The Director of New Business & Accounts will be equal parts leader, coach, relationship builder, strategist, and critical thinker. They’ll oversee the sales and account functions, ensuring the creative and production teams get a shot to do their best work each and every day. Because the studio is a culture-first, purpose-driven organization, you’ll enjoy a flexible work schedule and supportive team environment. Important note: We’re an exceptionally caring and thoughtful team. If you’re out for yourself, please look elsewhere.
Each member of the Skidmore Studio team is expected to continuously strive to fulfil the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values.
Core Purpose: To create the extraordinary
BE CREATIVE: In all the things we do.
CHALLENGE: Ourselves, our clients, and each other.
TEAM: Work together. Be humble. Extend grace.
ENJOY: Share positive energy and gratitude.
INTEGRITY: Do the right thing.
COMMUNICATION: Speak openly and candidly.
DETAILS: Details. Details.
- 10+ years of experience in business development & account management
- Experience managing a sales and/or account team preferred
- Consultative sales experience preferred
- Experience with major food and fun brands preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable the Relationship Team (Sales & Account)
- Oversee the development and growth of extraordinary client relationships that bring energizing and fulfilling work into the studio
- Own and ensure the success of the processes for finding, nurturing, and closing qualified, positioned leads
- Understand Skidmore’s core capabilities and key differentiators and enthusiastically communicate them to prospective clients
- Define and accomplish long-term and 90-day goals for the Relationship Team
- Transition new clients to the Account Team for ongoing relationship management
- Manage partner relationships relating to new business and account functions (currently PR & Lead Gen)
- Research and understand the needs and pains of target clients, their industry, and their competitors
- Stay apprised of current client’s brands, products, services, and market developments in order to enhance existing relationships
- Identify and propose new business deals, working with the Creative & Production teams to create proposals and presentations that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Negotiate client agreements without compromising the studio’s core purpose or values
- Review and analyze metrics for sales and account teams (currently using Salesforce), keeping the studio on track to meet its goals
- Attend industry functions and participate in professional organizations with the purpose of building and maintaining your professional network
- Some travel required
- Encouraging and communicative coach
- Caring leader and collaborative teammate
- Strategic thinker that appreciates having input into the entire business
- Thoughtful and diligent relationship builder—both internally and externally
- Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
- Take a “no task too small” approach to work; willing to move forward whatever’s best for the Studio