Skidmore Studio is looking for an enthusiastic, self-starting Marketing Strategist to focus primarily on one key client: Skidmore Studio! We’re a small creative studio located in the heart of downtown Detroit that specializes in brand strategy, design, and messaging for food and fun brands. While we’re working to help our clients reach their customers, we need someone to help us better reach ours.
If you love working with a team to develop marketing strategies and execute tactics that generate results, you might be the right fit. And if you can speak intelligently and contribute to conversations as diverse as public relations, sales strategy, SEO, email marketing, and social media—even better. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented with strong analytical chops, business savvy, solid writing skills, and the ability to think across channels, mediums, and functions.
Because we’re a tiny, high-energy team, you must be comfortable collaborating, defending your position, and fulfilling tasks that range from big-picture to administrative.
Each member of the Skidmore Studio team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values.
Core Purpose: To create the extraordinary.
BE CREATIVE: In all the things we do.
CHALLENGE: Ourselves, our clients and each other.
TEAM: Work together for results.
ENJOY: Share positive energy and gratitude.
INTEGRITY: Do the right thing.
COMMUNICATION: Speak openly and candidly.
DETAILS: Details. Details.
- 3+ years’ experience with meaningful results in a similar role
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google Analytics, social media platforms, CMS, and CRM tools (specific experience with WordPress, Salesforce, Act-On, HubSpot, and InDesign a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, copywriting experience ideal
- Degree in marketing, advertising, business, or experiential equivalent
- Generate inbound, qualified, positioned leads
- Work closely with Strategy Director, Executive Creative Director, and President to create Studio marketing strategies and tactics
- Manage and implement marketing strategies and tactics per the Studio Marketing Plan; write creative briefs and work with Studio team to complete projects
- Work with Studio Marketing Producer to manage timelines, deadlines, budgets, and partners (i.e. Photographers or Developers) for Studio Marketing projects
- Interpret data and results of marketing strategies and tactics, and make recommendations for improvement
- Manage email marketing list and activities
- Manage PR partner and PR activities
- Research and analyze target industries, audiences, and trends
- Work with Studio content team (Strategists & Writers) to develop and implement a content calendar
- As needed, write original content for website, emails, and social media
- Manage portfolio of Studio’s work samples and case studies
- Upload content to Studio website (WordPress) and facilitate marketing automation strategies (currently using Act-On)
- Organize and maintain the Studio content library
- Monitor and analyze marketing email and website performance metrics (Act-On, Google Analytics)
- Manage and monitor Skidmore’s social media accounts and communities
- Support the Studio’s sales/account teams as they develop RFPs, pitch decks, sales books, etc.
- Participate as Strategist for other Studio clients (~20 percent of your time)
- Strong communicator, able to clearly present strategies and concepts
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to bring structure to nebulous problems
- Love collaborating with teammates to solve problems creatively
- Able to capture and respond to feedback in ways that value others
- Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
- Aim to be a positive influence on your coworkers
- Take a “no task too small” approach to work; willing to move forward whatever’s best for the Studio
Your Role on the Team
The Marketing Strategist is a part of the larger Creative team—including Strategists, Writers, and Designers—and reports directly to the Strategy Director. The Creative team is led and managed by the Executive Creative Director.
PAID TIME OFF: Paid vacation days, between eleven and fourteen paid holidays per calendar year and unlimited paid sick/personal time.
MEDICAL COVERAGE: The Studio pays a portion of the premium for both employees and eligible family members.
DENTAL COVERAGE: The Studio pays 100% of the employee’s premium.
VISION COVERAGE: The Studio pays 100% of the employee’s premium.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY: The Studio pays 100% of the employee's premium.
401K PLAN: Skidmore Studio sponsors a 401k retirement savings plan which includes an employer match.
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP: The Studio offers a reimbursement for a fitness center membership.
PAID PARKING: A monthly parking pass will be provided to all full-time employees working daily in the Madison Building at no cost to the employee.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Snacks, coffee, Lacroix, Mario Kart and handmade guacamole.