Skidmore Studio is looking for a passionate, talented Designer to produce extraordinary creative that is unique, on-brand, and forward-thinking. Our ideal candidate has a deep working knowledge of print and digital for a range of small to big-name brands.
The Designer will clearly communicate brand strategies, elevate and add value to the content, and produce solid, on-time work that answers the creative brief. When met with the challenges of time constraints and limited budgets that are the norm of small studio life, the Designer will use their experience, imagination, and ingenuity to deliver creative solutions. The Designer will be able to execute expertly in all areas but excel in one or more of the studio’s core capabilities.
Because we’re a close-knit, high-energy team, you must be comfortable collaborating, defending your position, and fulfilling tasks from blue-sky brainstorms to down-in-the-weeds details—whether building comps in Photoshop or kerning type in InDesign or packaging files for production.
Each member of the Skidmore Studio team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values.
Core Purpose: To create the extraordinary.
BE CREATIVE: In all the things we do.
CHALLENGE: Ourselves, our clients, and each other.
TEAM: Work together for results.
ENJOY: Share positive energy and gratitude.
INTEGRITY: Do the right thing.
COMMUNICATION: Speak openly and candidly.
DETAILS: Details. Details.
• Deliver design work that answers the creative brief, on time, and on budget
• Be a creative leader on the team; actively participate in junior team members’ growth
• Follow contemporary traditional and digital publications and thinkers in the design industry and share relevant information with the team
• Remain fluent in current design industry hardware and software tools
• Participate in and lead project brainstorms
• Exceptionally creative and conceptual thinker
• Technical graphic design mastery
• 4-6 years’ experience working as a graphic designer on client work
• Experience leading small projects as well as contributing to larger team projects
• Demonstrated creative resourcefulness
• Deep passion for graphic design and ability to excel in at least one core design capability
• Strong InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills. Experience in Sketch, InVision, and Keynote a plus
• Strong communicator, able articulate design rationale and conceptual thinking
• Comfortable with ambiguity, able to dive into nebulous problems
• Love collaborating with teammates to solve problems creatively
• Able to capture and respond to feedback in ways that value others
• Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
• Aim to be a positive influence on your coworkers
• Take a “no task too small” approach to your work; willing to work on whatever’s best for the Studio
YOUR ROLE ON THE TEAM
The Designer is a part of the Creative team—including Strategists, Writers, and other Designers—and reports directly to the Design Director. The Creative team is led and managed by the Executive Creative Director.